PO Box 389, Mystic, CT 06355
SUMMARY: Skilled in press releases, public relations, marketing, writing, editing and desktop publishing. Author of several books and TV talk show host. Sponsor family for Coast Guard cadets.
EDUCATION: Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, B. S., Business Management and Marketing
Independent writing/publicity consultant, Nov. 2010 – Present: Write press releases, newsletters, marketing materials, and edit publications for several clients including National Field Service Corporation, Rockland Community College and Daughters of the American Revolution (Groton Chapter).
Mystic Seaport: Mystic, CT, 2010 - Present
Part-time Historical Interpreter: Orally present Mystic’s ship-building history and artifacts to the general public.
State University of New York at Rockland, Suffern, NY, 2006 – Oct. 29, 2010 (presently consulting)
Campus Communications Assistant
- Promoted events and programs to the media, authoring press releases and alumni newsletter, SCENE, with quarterly circulation of 35,000. Located and interviewed successful students and alumni for human interest stories. Initiated and ran successful “Open Mike Nights for Writers.”
- Used Twitter, Facebook, and RCC Speakers Bureau as additional promotional tools, which resulted in newspaper coverage of the college and faculty.
- Composed brochures and edited catalogs.
- Awarded by the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations, District I: Gold Medallion for Academic Convocation Booklet (2010); Silver for Departmental Brochures (2010); and Bronze for ad print series, which featured noteworthy alumni (2009).
- Received national coverage on Fox and Friends and in Associated Press through press releases relating the circumstances of individual students or faculty to current events.
National Field Service Corp., Suffern, NY, 1998 – 2008 (presently consulting as Field Director)
Recruiter / Marketing Specialist for consulting company
Interviewed approximately 80 candidates monthly and communicated with clients on employment needs in the utility, communications, and right-of-way industries. Represented company at job fairs and coordinated marketing events, including annual 100-guest Christmas party and sleepover event at West Point Academy. Placed many applicants with AT&T. Maintained database of applicants in People Trak.
Topics: How to Turn a Writing Hobby into a Career… Internet Marketing...How to Get Free Publicity…How to Get Published/Self-Published…How to Write Memoirs…How to Promote Your Business (or yourself)…