The Lisa Saunders Show
Arrive 15 minutes before shoot time. It’s a 30-minute show
TV SET LOCATION: Southeastern Connecticut Television (SEC-TV)
80 Plaza Court, Groton, CT 06340 (Groton Shopping Plaza near Groton Post Office)
STUDIO TELEPHONE: 860-449-1477
THE LISA SAUNDERS SHOW AIRS: Three times a week in Groton, Ledyard, Mystic, Stonington, North Stonington and Voluntown, Connecticut, and on Youtube.
- Channels 12 & 96 on Comcast; channels 12 & 670 on Thames Valley; andChannel 99 on Frontier. SEC-TV’s Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/sectv1
- FREE: Guests are given air time and one DVD of the show, which will also be uploaded to SEC-TV's Youtube channel. If you don't reside in Groton, Ledyard, Mystic, Stonington, North Stonington and Voluntown, Connecticut, you can ask the community access station in your viewing area to air the interview.* List of public-access TV stations in the United States: https://ipfs.io/ipfs/QmXoypizjW3WknFiJnKLwHCnL72vedxjQkDDP1mXWo6uco/wiki/List_of_public_access_TV_stations_in_the_United_States.html
- About appearing on Public Access TV: This cannot be a “commercial” or self-promotional show. Conversations are meant to provide information and not give testimonials, prices, etc.
- See below for ideas on ways you can use your interview to promote your cause or business.*
ONCE YOU ARE SCHEDULED TO APPEAR ON MY SHOW, PLEASE EMAIL ME A FIVE-SENTENCE MAXIMUM BIOGRAPHY. THE FOLLOWING IS MINE AS AN EXAMPLE:
Lisa Saunders is an award-winning writer living in Mystic, Connecticut, with her husband. She is a SEC-TV talk show host, content coordinator for Groton-Mystic Neighbors magazine and part-time history interpreter at Mystic Seaport Museum. A marketing consultant and winner of the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations Gold Medallion, Lisa helps entrepreneurs gain media attention and teaches writing/publishing at New London Adult & Continuing Education. Lisa is an inspirational speaker and leader of the Child Care Providers Education Committee, National CMV Foundation. In 2015, she was instrumental in helping Connecticut become the second state in the U.S. to pass a law aimed at battling CMV (cytomegalovirus), the #1 birth defects virus, which causes premature birth, microcephaly, cerebral palsy, epilepsy, and hearing and vision loss.
What do you want to discuss? what is your expertise/passion?
How should your name/contact appear on TV Screen (must be very brief)
Lisa Saunders, Writer
PLEASE GIVE ME FIVE QUESTIONS TO ASK (I may not ask more than one, but it gives me an idea of the direction to go—don’t insert the answers)
Events you may want to announce:
TIPS FOR APPEARING ON SEC-TV
Arrive at Southeastern Connecticut Television Studios 15 minutes prior to the scheduled taping.
Clothing: Solid, darker colors seem to look best. Avoid wearing small checks, stripes and shiny jewelry.
Hair: Make sure your style does not hide your face--especially if the camera shoots you from the side.
Makeup: Wear what you normally would, but remember that the bright lights may make you looked washed out. Lipstick and eyeliner may help!
Material: Bring props if appropriate.
Camera: You don’t need to look at the camera. The camera will find you while you are answering questions. Unless discussing a tragic topic, remember to smile or at least look interested when listening to others. The camera may be on you when you least expect it!
*Sample Shows on YouTube:
- Award-winning songwriter Connie Howard plays Connecticut Christmas and other new songs
- Tish Rabe, author of Dr. Seuss science books
- Lisa Saunders discusses shipwreck artifacts with Captain Bill Palmer (also, here is an interview I did of Capt. Bill Palmer on the Mystic River--click here or https://vimeo.com/274354163. Produced by Greg Petty’s Production, www.pettysproductions.com, firstname.lastname@example.org). We were all interviewed together on Harriet Grayson's show, Community Culture Showcase.
- Chef Jacques Pépin: Cooking for Widow/ers, Dr. Joanne Z. Moore, Pathfinder
- Cytomegalovirus (CMV); CT Law. Lisa Saunders with Drs Demmler-Harrison and Balch and a CMV survivor
- The (Gail J. Demmler-Harrison, MD, Professor Pediatrics, Baylor College of Medicine, and Attending Physician, Texas Children's Hospital, and Debra Lynn Alt, Singer/Songwriter.)
- Yale: Sedative combats CMV--Michael J. Paidas, M.D.; Sara Ornaghi, MD; and Lisa Saunders, mom
*WANT YOUR SHOW TO AIR WHERE YOU LIVE?
You must visit your local access station in person and bring I.D. showing that you live or work in their viewing area. Here is a sample of what you can tell the TV station:
Dear Local Access Station:
I live and/or work in the region serviced by your community access TV station and would like you to air a 30-minute talk show about ….
Talk show guests include: …
My address (or work address) is:
The show was filmed at Southeastern Connecticut Television (SEC-TV) Studios.
SEC-TV: Community Television for Groton, Ledyard, Mystic, Stonington, North Stonington, and Voluntown, Connecticut. CHANNELS 12 & 96 on Comcast; CHANNELS 12 & 670 on Thames Valley; and CHANNEL 99 on Frontier.
Address: SEC-TV, 80 Plaza Court, Groton, CT 06340
Studio Phone: 860-449-1477
[name and contact information]
* IDEAS FOR SHARING YOUR VIDEO INTERVIEW:
- You will be sent a Youtube link to the show. Be sure to share it on LinkedIn, your website, Facebook, Twitter, blog on Patch.com, and/or your newsletter (available through services such as Mailchimp, etc.). Write a media release with the link embedded and email it to print, online, and TV media. Get a free account on PR.com to send an announcement to the world (Pr.com comes up high in Google searches).
- For additional exposure, write to me at LisaSaunders42@gmail.com to see if I can upload your video file to the Lisa Saunders Youtube Channel (at http://www.youtube.com/user/anythingbutadog), where I will include live links to your personal website/Facebook page, increasing the likelihood of people clicking into your website while watching your interview. If you are on my YouTube channel, I will then promote your show in my newsletter, Facebook.com/AuthorLisaSaunders, Authorlisasaunders.blogspot.com, Twitter, and LinkedIn. Ask me about getting a video file (.mov) for download. This video file of your segment can be uploaded directly to your own YouTube or vimeo account, Facebook, Author’s Page on Amazon, Goodreads, and other sites that require the actual file when posting a video.
Lisa Saunders is the content coordinator for Groton-Mystic Neighbors. A former college campus communications writer, Lisa was awarded the National Council for Marketing & Public Relations Gold Medallion. Contact Lisa at: email@example.com; Submit your news: www.bestversionmedia.com/submit-content;
Visit Facebook: Groton-Mystic-Neighbors-Best-Version-Media or Lisa’s personal website: www.AuthorLisaSaunders.com